Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 3
MTC

Oi todo mundo!

It has been a pretty good week at the MTC!  The weather has been beautiful, and going outside is my saving grace.  My companion and I just got called as the sister training leaders for the zone, so that's pretty fun!  Not this Wednesday, but the next, 30 new missionaries are coming into our zone :O.  So... we get to train/orient them.  I have to pause and say just how much I love our branch presidency and their wives!  

I don't know if any of you were aware, but there is going to be a huge new mission president training at the MTC in like a week.  Yet, some presidents have come early to learn English.  One, and his wife, came to teach our district a little lesson in their new English.  His wife had the better English, so she kinda ran the show, haha.  I don't know much about the Brazilian culture just yet, but I knew that she was the real thing.  She was so outgoing and hilarious!! She even had some very authentic dance moves.  It was actually a very neat experience, because they too were trying to learn another language, and we could connect because we all love the Gospel, Brazil, and Portuguese.  

The Tuesday devotional with Elder Bednar was so so wonderful!  It was exactly what I needed to hear.  Something that I have discovered about being a missionary, is that spiritual answers and understanding come quicker to me than they ever have before.  His talk was themed around "one by one".  He said that if we want to know the Savior better, we need to look for examples of Him administering to the one.  This is how He works.  Not only do we need to focus on the one in missionary work, but remember that we ourselves are "a one".  This is most definitely a gospel of love.  I invite you all to look up this talk (I'm pretty sure it was a broadcast).  

Even though this work is hard, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  I know that the Savior has wonderful plans for each one of His children, and I'm so happy to be apart of His work. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Love, Makayla

Makayla's Disrrict...Standing behind the Provo, Utah Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment