Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 12

If you all remember some areas of the world were given slacks to wear in place of skirts as an option to help protect from the elements of their area.  Makayla's was one of those areas.  We were wondering is she had worn hers yet?
I have not worn my slacks yet, it is too hot!  And yes, a hat would do no justice.  We use our umbrellas all day.  

Last week Makayla accidently ordered tongue instead of sausage!  
No, I did not actually eat the tongue, but got another meat.  But I did eat a fish eye ... 

I keep finding out about new fruits that exist in this world.  I am convinced that Abacaxi is "food for the Gods".  
(I think it is similar to pinapple)

The Olympics...
We were walking in the street, and everyone was watching the Olympic men´s soccer game.  It was pretty easy to see what was going on, because you can see just about every TV from the street.  It was towards the end of the game, and super tempting to stop and just watch.  We ended up arriving at a members house just as the last winning goal was scored by none other than Neymar!  Needless to say, there was an eruption of excitement, haha.  We were with two elders, and one even cried.  

Mission... 
The goal of our mission is for everyone to have 1 baptism a week.  This week we had one lined up, but sadly it fell through. 

Many times I have felt discouraged about the language - about what I can´t understand and can´t speak.  I had a thought hit me pretty hard this week,

 "You haven´t even thanked Heavenly Father for what things you do know!" 

I love the principles of Gratitude, patience, and faith.  I think that they are strongly linked.  My studying this week all seemed to point towards the principle of faith.  I think that having faith in Christ is willing to act in whatsoever is praiseworthy and good.  There are great blessings promised to those who have faith, in fact all.  D&C 78 17-19... is wonderful - check it out!
17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.

I love this gospel and all that it has to teach us, and the power that it has to lift us.  This power is the atonement of Jesus Christ.  I testify that He lives and loves each of us individually.  

Love you all so much,


Makayla 

Makayla's newest / favorite fruit... "abacaxi"

A member made her a book / scripture cover.

Wow - Portugeese Scriptures!

Homemade planner covers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment