Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 19

Current Average Temperature: 92* with 70% humidity  
It was a hot one this week.  I was so hot that my forearms were sweating! 

Week 2 of training...I imagine the more effort Makayla has to now put into each day the more she is going to care for these people and love this area.
One thing is for sure, I know that Heavenly Father is helping me a ton in every aspect of the work.  To lead, and teach, and ... answer the phone, haha.  To be honest the week was kind of a blur.  Manaus is becoming more homie.  The people, the atmosphere, the food.  

Teaching
One thing that was cool, was that we got to teach an entire soccer team of young men about the Restoration.  Needless to say, for young men's activities they often play soccer.  We met at the house of one, and will bring 10 Books of Mormon to their next activity.  Hopefully we can continue to teach some of them.  
               The Book of Mormon

Scriptures
I was reading in 1 Nephi 13 and the chapters leading up to it.  There are so many references to the Bible and the founding of America.  What a cool testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.  In chapter 13, it states clearly and perfectly the role of both the Bible and Book of Mormon.  I am truly so grateful to be living in this day and age, and for the knowledge that we have of these things.  I am especially grateful for the knowledge of our Redeemer and the role that He plays in the grand plan for us.  How can we doubt, how can we despair?  

Have a wonderful week, give everyone a hug!  
Love Kayla.  

P.S.  Yes, I am wearing bug spray 2 times every day. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment