Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 25

November 21, 2016


Makayla spent her first birthday far away from home yesterday.  It sounds like it was truly wonderful.  Surrounded by people who care for her and a sweet tender mercy from the Lord!
So yesterday was fabulous!!! 
My companion woke me up with some cupcakes!  After church some of the members threw me a birthday party during lunch!  It was so sweet, and they all kept it on the down low!  Bishop Martel gave this sweet little speech at the beginning about how everyone needs to be remembered on their birthday, especially far away from home, and how they hoped that I would always remember the ward.  The food was delicious, and yes there was cake and ice-cream.  They even sang happy birthday in both Portuguese and English (a few of the members).  Dayanna, the bishop´s wife, got me a little gift: a Brazil, Manaus t-shirt, a wooden pen carved to look like a parrot, and key chain (all super cool souvenirs)!  It was truly the most heart warming thing!  
Also, I asked Heavenly Father for a birthday rain ... and it rained!  Rain is truly a gift from heaven because it is so very hot.  My companion and I got to the church building early before our meeting with the ward mission leader, so we just stood out in the rain!!! The rain can be super, super hard here, but it was nice and soft.  It is funny how such little things can bring us such joy!  

Sister Justino...
I am loving my companion!  We get along just great, and I love having a good laugh with her.  

Personal Progress is a book of goals and activities all centered around the Young Womens' 8 values (faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice & accountability, good works, integrity, & virtue).  Young Womens is a church program for girls 12 yrs - 18yrs old. 

So I have found myself enjoying personal progress again, haha who knew?  We have the booklet in our house, and I have been finding good use for it.  It has been a testimony to me that personal progress is an inspired program with great worth.  I truly had a wonderful experience in young womens, and I am so grateful for all of my leaders who made it such.  

Love you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment