Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 33

January 16, 2017
Mission President...President Castro. This dear president is from Brazil and I assume only speaks Portugueese.  In the beginning I believe Makayla had a very difficult time communicating but now can have a much richer visit!
Hello, it is the start of another week!
This week we had interviews and a conference with President Castro!  I am able to learn more from him every time.  He really lifted my spirits in the interview, and made my purpose so clear!  He is also a pretty funny guy, haha. 

New Apartment? Curious, I would think 4 sister missionaries would be peacefull, respectful, and the perfect model of renters you could hope for. Oh, well.  There must be a greater purpose!
Afterward, we moved!!! The owner of the apartment we were living in was complaining about us (we can´t figure out why, haha), and just being difficult.  We had also been out of water in the bathroom for a few days (showering with buckets, which actually is not all that anoying.  It is all part of the adventure).  It took us a few days to move, and was a lot of work!  All of the cabinets and dressers are made of heavy wood.  Yet, we had the help of 6 elders.  Overall, I like this new house a lot better.  

Study...
I found a super good talk about The Consecrated Missionary.  I wanted to share a really good quote that was cited from Lectures on Faith: 

"For a man to lay down his all, his character and reputation, his honor and applause, his good name among men, his houses, his lands, his brothers and sisters, his wife and children, and even his own life also ... requires more than mere belief or supposition that he is doing the will of God; but actual knowledge, realizing that when these sufferings are ended, he will enter into eternal rest, and be a partaker of the glory of God."  

...I was thinking a lot about good, better, and best.  I know that great joy, rest, reward, and developement come from great sacrifice.  Yet, in God´s plan, he is merciful enough to give us more in return than what we give to him :)  

Pictures...
So I had a whole bunch of great pictures to send ... yet I am having a little trouble with my card.  I am going to have a member look at it today.  Pray that all goes well!  I am also sending a few letters your way :) Hooray!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Lots of love, 
Makayla


No comments:

Post a Comment