Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 42

March 20, 2017
Makayla's first reporting from her newest area as a Sister Training Leader...
Sooo.... HELLO!  
There is so much to tell!  I really love the new area and my new Hispanic companion.  There are a lot of wonderful investigators here, and good members to work with.  Here are some experiences from the week:
On Thursday we had a counsel (I think it would be called in English) with all of the district and zone leaders and sister training leaders.  So did you hear about the Elder who beat up some assaulters?  To be short, all of the missionaries in that area are going "under cover".  They will be wearing normal clothes and not using nametags.  Yet, not to worry!!! They are all safe and protected.  In the counsel, I learned a lot of great things.  Here are two:  
  • "A good leader walks in front, not pushes from behind."  
  • "Of all the things that we are making and doing here, how many are eternal".

We were looking for a new investigator, knocking (or clapping) a few doors (or gates), when a guy came out to talk to us.  We asked if he knew the girl, who he didn´t, and introduced ourselves.  He let us come in, and we shared the beginning of the Restoration with him.  He is super cool; super educated, and was super receptive.  We marked a return date, and he will be going to church with us the next Sunday.  When we were leaving he said, "I just wanted to let you know, that I had been praying this week that God would show me other religious cultures, or another way of worship."  Yes!!! 

We had interviews with President Castro this week, and they were running late.  We had marked an FHE with a part member family, yet we still had to take the long and complicated bus route.  So, he took us!  It was the most entertaining thing, he is seriously hilarious.  I thought to myself, "If our very own mission president is taking us to our FHE, then it is going to go really well, without a doubt!  And it did :)  One of the sons has a girlfriend who is pregnant, and we wanted to introduce her to the church and invite them to get married.  It was a really sweet experience, and she cried, telling us that her heart was open and that this time; she is ready to come closer to God.  They are excited and came to the ward activity on Saturday.  Even the parents, who are members of the church, talked about their goal to be sealed in the temple!
One other thing that I wanted to share happened when we were out in the street.  We had been walking and walking and walking, and were pretty late to our appointment.  We hadn't made any new contacts that day, and I knew that time was wasting.  So, I said a little prayer, asking Heavenly Father to show us someone who we could really teach, and who would be a progressing investigator.  Well a few moments later I heard some say "Sister...".  I stopped and looked back to see a man looking at us from a doorway.  I got my companion´s attention and we went back.  It turned out to be a less active family with a 9 yr. old girl whom they want to baptize and a 20 yr. old cousin who just came to Manaus to study.  She has never visited the church before, but came this Sunday and is a wonderful investigator!  

There are so many other little things that I could share, but I just want to say that I love the reality that Jesus is our Salvador, that we are filhos de Deus, e que nós estamos aqui para edificar um ao outro!  We are here to edify one another.  I am touched and edified by so many people here, and each of these special little experiences.  LOVE YOU ALL!!! 






Sister Rivera, Makayla's new companion.
Study Area





Add caption




No comments:

Post a Comment