Saturday, June 24, 2017

Week 53

June 19, 2017

This week must have been crazy (which is usual) because I am having a hard time remembering what all happened, and I find myself really wanting to start the week off with a nap, ha-ha.  We had two splits this week.  I got to split with Sister Bianelle and Sister Valadares!!! (Makayla served with these two sisters in a "three-partner companionship" this past winter /spring in Itacoatiara) It was a lot of fun.  We had invited so many people to come to church, yet only a few held true.  This was disappointing, yet we did have a puppy visitor during all 3 hours, ha-ha.  That night we had a missionary devotional by our Ward Mission Leader.  Not very many people came, yet he did a fabulous job!!  When everyone was leaving the building, two investigators came walking up.  They have been living in an unfinished apartment building, and the owner came with 12 security guards to kick them out.  He threw all of their things into the street, and Francisco broke his foot in the process.  It was really such a sad thing to see.  Yet, one of the members has a place for them to stay for two weeks.  There were a lot of little miracles that happened that night!  

Today we went to the center to look again for a dress for Sister Rivera.  We came across the coolest street fair of Indian things.  I went just a little crazy and basically bought a weapon.  It´s like a blow dart gun, and I´ll have to take a picture with it! (So, I hope Makayla can get that home through customs!)

I hope that all of you have an amazing week!!! 
Love you!

Happy, Beautiful People of Brazil
If you ask me how Sister Long is doing, just look at her...



No comments:

Post a Comment