Monday, August 7, 2017

Week 60

August 7, 2017
   
Finally some more details! 
This week we had the joy of seeing Raimunda get baptized!  She is the sweetest older lady who loves animals (and has like 4 illegal turtles in the bathroom), loves to read (she has already read 1 and 2 Nephi), and is just a kick!  We just love her so very much!  I have to admit that I was a little nervous that she would get really dizzy, being baptized, or something like that.  But all went really well!  It was a great experience.  My companion and I got really excited because she was our first "grandma" that got baptized.  

This week we also had two splits.  One sister got her appendix taken out recently, and so has to stay at home for the large part of the day.  So during the split I went to work with the ward mission leader, and a sister from their ward.  We just went contacting and invited a lot of people to be baptized!  We actually had some good success.  It is always fun to do splits because you get to know the city and the other sisters.  I also got to work with Sister Cook from Arizona this week.  She copied a few things from our lessons together and had some really good success in her area the next day.  We had a great time together.  It is actually kind of funny that once in a while, when I work with another American, I am reminded of cultural differences.  It is like looking back through a window onto your own culture, haha.  I am just loving my time here, and all of the friends that I have made and am yet to make! ...All of Makayla's companions have been from South America.

I loved reading about the resurrection this week!  In Alma 40 -42.  All of the good that we have learned from our experiences here on earth, and all of the good qualities that we develop, will be perfected as they become a part of us forever!  

Have a wonderful week, love you all!

I asked Makayla to finish the following statements...
A mission is:  Preparation for everything and for all!  

Christ is:  The source of our joy.

Brazil is:  Meu segundo lar!  Amo Brasil! 
          (My second home) (Love Brazil)




Who is this cute missionary?...




Baptism for Raimunda


Sister Long and Sister Justino

No comments:

Post a Comment